Double click to insert body text here ...
THE ROYALS 100 CLUB DRAW
We are now in the second month of lockdown with the club remaining closed but news filters in of enterprising group ergo and zooming sessions keeping the club fitness up to scratch and spirit alive ready for resumption of activity when permitted. Jamie's online live coaching sessions and 10am Saturday races are proving popular and this is being co-ordinated by our Captain, Chloe. For details contact by Facebook or firstname.lastname@example.org. Chloe took time out to make this month's Royals 100 Club draw yesterday. Thank you.
1st £100 No31 Michal Palamarczuk- no 31 drawn 4 times in 42 months
2nd £30 No39 Adam Wilson - no 39 drawn 3 times in 42 months
3rd £20 No46 Simon Parrington - no 46 drawn 2 times in 11 months
CLUB NEWS DURING APRIL
There is no rowing to report upon. Although we are locked down the Committee continues planning for the club's future and all being well it is still intended to hold the AGM on 15th July 2020 when the annual report will show a satisfactory financial performance for the year to 29th February. Since then, despite the lockdown, there has been no material drop in monthly membership subscriptions for which the Committee is grateful since fundraising activity is significantly reduced. When normal operations are resumed the Committee will review the financial effect of the lockdown, bearing in mind the need to meet our annual budget, to decide whether any variation in the membership fees for the whole year is appropriate.
You are reminded that an important decision about the Club's development will be sought at the AGM on 15th July. Will we remain committed to moving across the water to a new multi-million pound Chester Water Sports Centre promoted by the Council ("Plan A") or should we seek planning permission for a re-development on our own site ("Plan B")? Plan A has previously been presented in detail and the situations regarding renewal of planning permission and a funding plan are being pushed forward. Preliminary work on Plan B is being progressed to define a preferred option (part of the site or the whole site which would be "Plan C"!) and review the principal planning and
cost issues. In addition an informal group will be contacting a representative sample of members to feed into an assessment on the key development issue of funding. If you would like to be included in this survey please contact email@example.com. The papers issued in advance of the AGM will include position reports for both plans and funding so that an informed discussion can take place at the AGM. This will be your decision so please be there (if it is allowed!) to support the Club and make your views known.
MAY 2020 RCRC Newsletter, CLICK HERE